EnGarde is the first secure open source Internet operating platform.It also has a feature-rich Internet application.
EnGarde ’s features :
- robust SELinux policies with ease
- maintain secure Web sites
- Monitor networks using advanced IDS
- Protect user with web and email content filtering* Control access to Internet resources
- Install distro
- Update distro
- Run apt-get install selinux-basics selinux-policy-refpolicy-targeted1.
- Edit /boot/grub/menu.lst and add selinux=1 to your kernel command line (by adding it to the #kopt= line and then running update-grub). If you are using lilo, you must instead make similar changes to /etc/lilo.conf and run lilo.
- Fix dependencies listed. Below are the highlights. For a complete list please visit, http://wiki.debian.org/SELinux/Setup#package-specific):
How to Install EnGarde:
- Select dhcp or enter manual ip
- Choose LiveCD or install
- Click log in
- Open a browser and go to https://x.x.x.x:1023/. Login with username admin and whatever you set for the password.
- Use the WebTool’s pulldown menus to select either a service or system you would like to use.
- Simply click on the modules to carry out your requests.
Total time to install EnGarde with SELinux is approx. 15-20 minutes (depending on your connection speed). Please note that a full install was not performed for this review. The concept was to see if EnGarde was a product that was worthwhile. Since EnGarde can run SELinux, it seemed that it would make sense to see everything else that was going on with EnGarde. To perform a full install of EnGarde for SELinux is beyond the scope of this article.
Download EnGarde Now !