The Department of Defense released today the DoD Strategy for Operating in Cyberspace (DSOC). It is the first DoD unified strategy for cyberspace and officially encapsulates a new way forward for DoD’s military, intelligence and business operations.
The five primary pillars of the strategy are:
- DoD is treating cyberspace as an operational domain, like land, air, sea, and space.
- DoD introducing new active cyber defenses. Active defenses use sensors, software and signatures to detect and stop malicious code;
- Working with Department of Homeland Security and the private sector to protect critical infrastructure;
- DoD building collective cyber defenses with our allies and international partners;
- Enhance network security. A more secure and resilient internet is in everyone´s interest.