Many of my friends asked me how they can become a Qualified Security Assessor (QSA)? Here is the answer provided by Society of Payment Security Professionals.
The Certified Payment-Card Industry Security Manager (CPISM) is the de facto certification for those within the payment-card industry who want to prove their security and industry knowledge. To prepare for this rigorous exam there are a few documents available online to assist you.
First there are the CPISM Knowledge Domains.
* Payment card industry structure
* Payment card structure and data
* Payment card transaction processing
* Compromise fraud statistics and trends
* Merchant risk analysis
* Laws and the regulatory environment
* Payment card security programs
* Third party relationships
Check online for the following documents at the Society of Payment Security Professionals(SPSP):
* CPISM Overview Document
* CPISM Bibliography
* CPISM Study Guide
I am not in a big favour of certifications. I believe in technical experience, skills and knowledge of the individual. But, if you don't have a platform to start with then certification would be the right way to step into that particular domain.